Peace Vacations values you as our guest and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose your Personal and Other Data (collectively, “Data”).
At Peace Vacations, we respect your privacy and want to provide you with the options, information, and choices below to express your preferences: what and how much you share with us and when and how you hear from us.
- Cookie Preferences
We want to learn what is relevant to you and ensure you have a personalized experience. As described in more detail in our Global Privacy Statement, we use digital tools like cookies and tags on our webpages. Cookies also help us provide, protect and improve our services.
- Communication Preferences
We want to engage with you in a way that is valuable to you, including how often you want to hear from us. To set your preferences, please sign in to your loyalty account profile and select Communication Preferences. To unsubscribe, use the link at the bottom of any of our communications to you. NOTE: Even if you choose to opt out of communications, we will continue to send you transactional messages about your reservations or stays, including pre-arrival, confirmation and guest satisfaction surveys.
- Privacy Rights
If you would like to request to access, change, delete, or restrict the use or object to the processing of your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by law), please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
35 Capers Way
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal data associated with the email address and/or loyalty account number that you identify in your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling certain requests. When permitted by law, we may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to your request.
Peace Vacations acknowledges and respects our guests’ privacy and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with applicable law.
DATA COVERED BY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Peace Vacations for data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, including Peace-Vacations.com and other websites owned or controlled by the Tidelands Company (collectively, the Websites);
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the Apps);
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our Social Media Pages);
- through email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us online or in person;
- from third parties such as Authorized Licensees, Strategic Business Partners and Owners, and Other Sources, such as public databases, marketing partners, and other third parties.
- when you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties or through other offline interactions (collectively, Property Visits and Offline Interactions).
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with the Property Visits and Offline Interactions, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
THE DATA WE COLLECT
At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, and to serve you better. Personal Data is information that may identify you as an individual or relate to you as an identifiable individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Date and place of birth
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions
- Membership or loyalty program data
- Employer details
- Travel itinerary, tour group, or activity data
- Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts
In more limited circumstances, we may also collect:
- Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children
- Financial information
- Images and video and audio data via: (a) security cameras located in public areas (b) cameras carried by our loss prevention staff and other security personnel
We may also collect information about your Preferences that we use to make your current and future stays and experience with us more enjoyable, including information about your interests and other relevant information about you that we learn about during your stay. This may also include any likes and dislikes about our services that you tell us about so that we can improve our services. We may also collect your “Personal Preferences,” that may include details of your special anniversaries (such as your birthday or wedding anniversary), what type of activities you prefer to take part in when staying with us, and your hobbies. Personal Preferences may also include details about who you usually travel with, their relationship to you, and your marital status.
If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Service Providers (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA
We may also collect “Other Data” that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relate to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Your use of the Apps. We collect certain data when you download and use an App, such as App usage data, the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, and what data and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly. Our Apps may contain software development kits (SDKs) from third parties which may collect and transmit Other Data to enable various features in the App. We may also collect mobile device advertising identifiers to enhance and personalize your experience and deliver relevant products, content or ads to show you on our Website, Apps, or external advertising.
- Changing Your App Preferences for Collecting Mobile Device Advertising Identifiers. You can set your preferences in our Happy Stays Mobile App by logging into the app, going to the “Account” section of the app, select the settings button (circle gear icon) in the lower right-hand corner of the Account section, select your “Communication Preferences” and then, “Offers from our Partners.” In addition, you can reset advertising identifiers or disable them within your mobile device’s privacy settings.
- Optional App Features. Our Apps may contain optional features made available to developers by the device’s operating system. To improve your experience we may require your permission for the use of your device’s location, camera, or other functions (e.g. using your device’s camera to capture your credit card information). You may choose not to allow the use of such functions, in which case the App features relying on such functions may not be available to you. Go to your device’s settings to manage these permissions.
- Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use functional cookies to obtain the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display content more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical cookie data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used, and assist us with resolving questions. Advertising cookies further allow us to select which advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are using the Online Services. We also use them to send marketing emails, and to track responses to online advertisements and marketing emails. You can learn more about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
- Opting Out of Cookies:
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or by managing your tracking preferences by clicking on “Tracking Preferences” located at the bottom of our home page. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your computer, and you will need to log in every time you visit. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
- Third Party Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may interest you when you access and use the Online Services, other websites, or online services. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
- Opting Out of Cookies:
- Pixel Tags and other similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
- Adobe Flash technology (such as Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies. We collect data through Flash LSOs and other technologies on some Websites to, among other things, collect and store data about your use of the Online Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html and following the instructions (which include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used with the Online Services. For more information, please refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
- Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we collected and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
- Location-Based Services: We may collect the precise physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signals, or other technologies. We will collect this data if you opt-in through the App or other program (either during your initial login or later) to improve special offers and to enable location-driven capabilities on your mobile device. If you have opted-in to share your location, the App or other program will continue to collect location data based on how you chose to share the data.
- Location Opt-Out: The user can specify via the device’s operating system to always share location, only when the App is in use, or never. If you choose only when the App is in use, we will have access to the data until you log off or close the application or if you use your phone’s or other device’s settings to disable location capabilities for the Happy Stays App or other program.
HOW AND WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Peace Vacations for Personal and Other Data that we collect through the following:
- Online Services. We collect Personal or Other Data when you interact with our Online Services, by performing such actions as, but not limited to, browsing, making a reservation, purchasing goods and services from our Websites or Apps, communicating with us, or otherwise connecting with us or post to social media pages, or signing up for a newsletter or participating in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Property Visits and Offline Interactions. We collect Personal Data when you visit our properties or use on-property services and outlets, such as concierge services. We also collect Personal Data when you attend promotional events that we host, sponsor, or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Data to facilitate an event.
- Customer Care Centers. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or via online chat services or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Owners. We collect Personal Data from Owners of Peace Vacations branded properties that we manage.
- Property Management Companies. We collect Personal Data from companies and their service providers who manage properties, your bookings and provide additional support to you during your stay.
- Other Sources. We collect Personal Data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties.
- Internet-Connected Devices. We collect Personal and Other Data from internet-connected devices available in our properties. For example, when you connect a device to the property’s internet, a smart home assistant may be available for your use to tailor your accommodations and experience.